Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose o or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after the previous dose is given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (usually given as MMR)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
Additional immunization requirements for grade 7th – 12th are:
- 2 dose meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- First dose is given 11-15 years of age; second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade
- If the dose is given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
- 1 dose tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
Dental and Physical
Dental and Physical are still required for entry into Kindergarten.
Physical again when entering 6th grade.
Dental examination entering 3rd and 7th grades.
The only exemption acceptable is a MEDICAL exemption.